Sunday, June 3, 2012

Can we get some skirt weather please?

For some reason, Dani sparked a little seed in me this weekend to work on some sewing. What she really wanted was for me to show her the ropes and teach her how to sew. But what ACTUALLY happened was me taking over and getting a couple projects done while she "supervised." No surprise there. Once I get going on a project, I can't stop.

The first skirt I started making is of navy blue jersey fabric. I pretty much followed the tutorial for the Socialite skirt on this link: However, I ran into some issues with the elastic thread they said to use. The waist band was bubbling up really weird, unlike how it's flat in the picture. I ended up putting strips of elastic in the waistband to give it some structure, make it tight, and just give it a little bit of a different look. In the end, I think I salvaged it but I wouldn't say it was my best work.

Untitled


Untitled


When I got stuck/frustrated with the first skirt, I started on another one for Dani. She picked a blue and white striped seersucker fabric and found this tutorial online for me to use. It was literally so quick and easy and SUPER cute...I was shocked! AND Dani loves it. Jenny bought fabric for me to make her one, and I have a couple of ideas for who else might like one. I wish I had found this tutorial sooner. I could have been making all my little restaurant hostess skirts for the past year and half! I'll definitely be making this one again!

skirtdetail


skirt




-Megan

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Just like your blog, too. You're motivating me to play with mine. =)

    ReplyDelete