Friday, February 22, 2013

Craft Break

Over my long Christmas break I finally had time to try some of the craft ideas I had been thinking of. Plus, my room needed some sprucing up since it had become a dumping zone for school supplies and projects.

I had some canvases sitting around for a while but I had been too scared to commit to painting something on them to end up changing my mind. Finally I just did it. I decided to put on a phrase on one of them and it was super easy to do. All you need is your canvas, paint, paint brushes, and letter stickers. I just painted the whole canvas the color I wanted the letters to be, stuck on the stickers, painted the whole canvas in another color as a "wash", then took the stickers off.

IMG_1249

IMG_1243

I had been wanting a little chalk board where I could easily change out verses. I found an unfinished wood frame, sanded it a little, then painted the frame white and the inside part with chalkboard paint.

IMG_1244
One day when I was bored and in a crafty mood, I made some chiffon flowers. Then I found some twigs outside and attached the flowers to them and put them in a bottle.

IMG_1245

It's funny how some simple little projects can revive a room!

-Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment