Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tennessee in December

Way back in December (can you remember that far back?) after I was finished with my classes, I made a trip down to East Tennessee to visit the best sisters ever.

photo-6

I love being up in the clouds looking at nothing but God's beautiful creation. Views like these remind me of how unimaginably perfect heaven will be!

photo-5

We completed some serious Christmas shopping at the mall, but we also visited some fun antique stores. I think we might have had a little too much fun.

DSCN2451

DSCN2454

DSCN2452

Before I got there we were already planning to make a gingerbread house. We went out and bought pounds of candy. Apparently they don't sell bulk candy in TN?

DSCN2482

DSCN2488

photo-2

Here's our finished gingerbread house complete with a jello swimming pool (Jenny's genius idea) and a stream. So what if a swimming pool in the snow doesn't make sense. I'm pretty sure a house made out of gingerbread (graham crackers in our case) and candy also doesn't make sense!

We drove to Asheville, NC one of the days to meet our grandparents and take a tour of the Biltmore. Sadly we did not get many pictures because photography is not allowed inside the house and it was rainy outside. What an interesting place!

photo-4

One night we went to what is called the Speedway in Lights. We saw millions of Christmas lights and Megan got to live her dream of driving her car on the speedway!

DSCN2470

Sadly, Megan and Jenny had to work a few times while I was there... Welcome to the real world. After going to church on Sunday, Jenny and I brought frozen yogurt to Megan while at work. She was so busy that it melted! We were so sad for her. She says she is "fake" smiling in this picture, but we tried our best to cheer her up!

photo-3

photo-1

I don't know about them, but I had an absolute blast and many laughs. I was totally not ready to leave, but luckily they came home for a few days a week later! Oh how I miss them!

-Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment